From the winepress to dominion
“Go now in this your strength and deliver Israel from the hand of Midian. The Lord has sent you.” — Judges 6:14
Gideon’s story begins in the winepress, the place of crushing. The winepress releases the sweetness and potency of the grapes and results in laughter and joy which is our strength. The winepress precedes the anointing.
Today we in the Church find ourselves, like Gideon, in the middle of a “Midianite Opression.”
A. What is the condition?
B. How healthy is the Church?
C. Are we sharing the true message?
D. Are we making room for the Holy Spirit?
E. Are we being good stewards of the Kingdom?
- GOD IS LOOKING FOR A CHAMPION. IS IT ME?
- QUALIFICATIONS OF A CHAMPION
A. Disgust for our condition
B. Threshing out the wheat (the Word of God) to eat in the midst of oppression.
C. Hiding in the winepress. (The secret place of the most High) where the wine is gathered.
A. Settle the debate!
B. Clarity only comes when you go.
- IDOLATRY. OUR NATIONAL PASTIME!
A. Pull down our fathers’ altars.
B. Do not build our own altars.
A. Vigilant, on guard while the brethren drank their fill.
B. Poised for the inevitable battle
C. Life was more important than thirst.
- Kingdom Absolutes VS. Human Compromise
- DNA VS. SDNA: The seed of righteousness vs. the seed of flesh
- Planning, plowing, planting, praying: The four phases for a bountiful Harvest.
- Preparation comes from planning and wisdom.
- Inspiration and action comes from the Word of the Lord. –Judges 13:18
VICTORY DEPENDS ON OUR FAITHFUL, FEARLESS STEWARDSHIP OF THE LIGHT.
Gideon lived in a time when Israel was oppressed by another nation.
He remembered the promises of God but didn’t see them.
He was looking for an answer, for a leader.
So was God.
–Ken & Kay Koontz